The Ark primary connections is a programme constructed by Ark to support pupils’ academic and personal development through an offer of different experiences during their time in school.
We want our students to achieve and become valuable members of society in the future. Through this initiative, we want them to build on our school values and will be given a variety of opportunities to enhance their character development. Passport will embed the skills they already have and encourage them to develop other skills and knowledge that they can use in the community which will help them flourish later in life.
It is incredibly important that the children attending are given the opportunity to experience life at school when they can not do that at home. The benefits that this passport offers our children is monumental. It allows them to progress their life skills in environments they would not normally be in. The connections that they make will help them understand the world around them.
The experiences break down into six core areas:
- Connecting with Nature - Environmental Awareness
- Connecting with People & Places - Citizenship and Community
- Connecting with Self - Wellbeing and Personal Growth
- Connecting with Your Future - Enterprise and Careers
- Connecting with Culture and the Arts - Presentation, Performance & the Arts
- Connecting with Adventure - Adventure, Challenge & Competition
Every child will have an opportunity to explore these experiences.